Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council

Cllr Barbara Rogers

Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council Cllr Barbara Rogers

I am a co-opted Parish Councillor currently serving on two committees – Traffic, Footpaths and Highways, and Village Maintenance.

Having lived the majority of my life in North Hampshire villages, I moved to the Cotswolds in May 2016 to settle in Bourton-on-the-Water with my husband, choosing to take a break from employment in the public sector where I was a senior business manager.  We have 5 children between us aged from 15 to 28.

My interests are quite varied although cooking, home decorating, walking in the Cotswolds as well as keeping fit through pilates and dancing are favourites. I’ve recently taken up learning Latin American ballroom in Cirencester – a class in the village would be very welcome!  I’m naturally practical and down to earth with an inquisitive nature to seek out answers to things, reflect and wonder ‘what if’ - thank goodness for the internet.

I really enjoy working in a team and getting stuck into projects that change things for the better. In the past I have given voluntary support to Scouts, schools, and community Neighbourhood Watch Schemes.

Joining the council means I can more formally support its endeavours in serving the community both now and in the future. I recognise that there are some concerns about tourist and traffic volumes, speeding, parking and litter; I am keen to address these and other matters so that as the village changes and grows not only is it conserved for its charm and character to be enjoyed by the community and tourists, but that the residents of Bourton-on-the-Water continue to enjoy living in a pleasant and safe environment with well managed facilities and services.

I believe that things are best achieved through the collective engagement of everyone working in partnership. Hence I am keen to support the development of a Parish Plan that takes into account the views of the whole community and reflects the local vision of how residents would like to see change in the coming years.  

Please click on this link to view the redacted copy of my Member's Register of Interests.