Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council

Cllr Ernie Rumsey

Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council Cllr Ernie Rumsey

I am married to Karen and have four children, five grandchildren and a dog.

I qualified as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor and had my own practice for twenty years.

I then joined a property development company near Oxford as a Company Director, involved in large scale commercial, hotel and residential schemes until I retired to Bourton-on-the-Water about eight years ago. Then I worked part time for Karen in her Events Company until we both fully retired.

I  very much enjoy being involved in village life and have participated in the flood defence committee, the village working party, the Jubilee and two Tribute concert committees and, most recently, the George Moore Community Centre Committee which I have found challenging but very rewarding.

I have been a ‘Villager’ bus driver, am a member of the local U3A, the North Cotswold Rotary Club and 41 Club.

I enjoy world travel, walking, the Lake District (where Karen helps out on a sheep/cattle farm) and keeping busy!

I currently chair the Village Maintenance & Highways Committee and also sit on the Community Centre Committee. 

Please click on this link to view the redacted copy of my Member's Register of Interests.