Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council
Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 3,500 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above.
We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Please note that the Parish Council now sells beige refuse sacks and garden refuse sacks from its office in The George Moore Community Centre. We also have a small stock of spare blue cardboard recycling bags and white plastic recycling bags available.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 20th August:
- Planning Committee Meeting Agenda - 22nd August
- A429 Resurfacing Works
- Village Maintenance Committee Minutes - 8th August
- Community Governance Review Consultation
- Police Point Opening Times - August/September
- August Meeting Bourton Browser Notes
- Recycling Update
- Parish Council Meeting Unapproved Minutes - 1st August
- Payments List - 1st August
- Correspondence List - 1st August
- Burials & Allotments Committee Minutes - 25th July
- Proposed Zebra Crossing - Station Road
- Car Park Improvements - Rissington Road
- Play Rangers Report Card - April-June 2018
- Traffic & Footpaths Committee Minutes - 4th July
- Playing Fields Committee Minutes - 20th June
- Housing with Care survey
- Revised Draft Bye-Laws
- Notes from Public Meeting with Police - 24th May
- Kerbside Recycling Guidance
- Silver Jubilee Celebrations 1977
- Village Litter Pick 2018
- Schedule of Village Green Bookings 2018
- Winter Weather article
- Notes from Public Meeting on Neighbourhood & Community Plans
- Chat Health - Text messaging service for Young People
- Revised Cotswolds Constituency Proposal
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Parking on the Village Green
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC/Amey