Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council
Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 3,500 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above.
We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Please note that the Parish Council now sells beige refuse sacks and garden refuse sacks from its office in The George Moore Community Centre. We also have a small stock of spare blue cardboard recycling bags and white plastic recycling bags available.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 12th December:
- Health Connect Bourton Survey
- Recycle your Christmas tree
- North Cotswolds Hospital X-Ray Department
- Planning Committee Meeting Agenda - 12th December
- Parish Council Meeting Unapproved Minutes - 5th December
- Tourism in Bourton-on-the-Water
- Correspondence List - 5th December
- Traffic & Footpaths Committee Minutes - 26th November
- Playing Fields Committee Minutes - 21st November
- November Meeting Bourton Browser Notes
- Police Point Opening Times - December
- Payments List - 7th November
- Village Maintenance Committee Minutes - 29th October
- Community Centre Committee Minutes - 23rd October
- Burials & Allotments Committee Minutes - 17th October
- Youth Outreach Sessions - Winter 2018
- Play Rangers Report Card - July-September 2018
- Schedule of Grant Applications 2018
- Changes for Recycling Centres
- Village Litter Pick 2018
- Winter Weather article
- Notes from Public Meeting on Neighbourhood & Community Plans
- Chat Health - Text messaging service for Young People
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Parking on the Village Green
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC/Amey