Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council
Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 3,500 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above.
We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Please note that the Parish Council now sells beige refuse sacks and garden refuse sacks from its office in The George Moore Community Centre. We also have a small stock of spare blue cardboard recycling bags and white plastic recycling bags available.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 3rd April:
- Planning Committee Meeting Agenda - 8th April
- Planning Committee Meeting Minutes - 25th March
- Bourton Update - 3rd April
- Payments List - 1st April
- Playground Closure
- COVID-19 Notice
- Community Emergency Plan
- Village Displays
- March Meeting Bourton Browser Notes
- Bloor Homes Meeting Notes - 28th February
- Youth & Well-being Committee Minutes - 26th February
- Parish Council Meeting Agenda - 4th March
- Highways Committee Minutes - 17th February
- Village Environment Committee Minutes - 12th February
- Parish Council Meeting Unapproved Minutes - 5th February
- Village Green Bookings - 2020
- Proposed New Parking Restrictions
- Community Centre Bulletin - January 2020
- Schedule of Approved Grant Applications 2019
- Cllr Robin Daniel - Tribute
- Revised Byelaws - 13th May 2019
- Changes for Recycling Centres
- Winter Weather article
- Notes from Public Meeting on Neighbourhood & Community Plans
- Chat Health - Text messaging service for Young People
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Parking on the Village Green
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC