Agendas - Staffing Committee meeting agendas can be viewed here.
Minutes - Staffing Committee meeting minutes can be viewed here.
- Cllr. L Hicks
- Cllr. N Randall
- Cllr. A Roberts
- Cllr. B Sumner
This committee is responsible for ensuring the Council acts as a good employer and is compliant with employment legislation including:-
- Ensuring that the Council is adequately staffed to meet its requirements and make decisions regarding staffing levels;
- Ensuring that the Council complies with employment law and that working conditions are of an acceptable standard;
- Ensuring that appropriate training is made available and completed;
- Undertaking an annual appraisal of the Clerk and receiving/considering the Clerk’s appraisal of all other staff;
- Making decisions on all matters associated with staff salaries, pensions and income tax;
- Reviewing staff contracts annually or as required and making changes, as required;
- Administering the disciplinary and grievance procedure if required;
- Making recommendations to Council re staff appointments or terminations;
The Council is required to display a copy of its current Employers' Liability Certificate. The Council is currently insured with Ecclesiastical, and a copy of the Certificate which is effective 1st October 2021 is available below: