Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Cllr Andy Roberts

Please click here to see which committees Cllr Roberts sits on.

Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council Cllr Andy Roberts

I have lived in the centre of Bourton since 1989 with my wife Sue and our son James who went to the local primary school.

Throughout my adult life, my career has been in aviation.  Initially as an RAF apprentice engineer and then as a pilot flying Hercules transport aircraft from RAF Lyneham.  After leaving the RAF in 1995, I became a commercial pilot for an airline at Birmingham and then from 2004, a corporate jet pilot operating from Oxford and Luton. I retired in 2022.

I am a past Chairman of North Cotswold Round Table and served as a member of Bourton Parish Council between 2000 and 2004 when I was briefly Vice Chairman.  Unfortunately, a job change and increased work commitments meant that I had to resign.  However, that experience gave me a good understanding of the role of a Councillor and some of the difficulties involved and the need for consensus in conducting business and implementing change when required.  

I was co-opted back on to the Council in October 2020, and was elected as Vice Chairman in May 2022 and Chairman in May 2023. 

My hobbies and interests include: walking our local footpaths, cycling, local history, DIY, collecting contemporary art and canal-boating.

Please click here to contact Cllr Roberts by email.

Cllr Roberts's Register of Interests can be viewed here.