Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 4,000 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above. We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 16th June:
- Highways Committee Agenda - 21st June
- Youth & Well-being Committee Agenda - 14th June
- Browser Notes - June meeting
- Village Environment Committee Agenda - 9th June
- Notice of Public Rights & Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance & Accountability Return 2020/21 - 7th June to 16th July
- Unapproved Annual Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 2nd June
- Parish Council Meeting Agenda - 2nd June
- Correspondence List - 2nd June
- Payments List - 2nd June
- Unapproved Planning Committee Minutes - 26th May
- Local Flood Plan Update
- EU Settlement Scheme
- Safe & Well visits - Glos Fire & Rescue Service
- Social Distancing Scheme
- Community Emergency Plan
- Revised Byelaws - 13th May 2019
- Changes for Recycling Centres
- Notes from Public Meeting on Neighbourhood & Community Plans
- Chat Health - Text messaging service for Young People
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC
The Parish Council's website accessibility statement can be viewed under the Accessibility Statement tab and is also attached as a PDF document below.