Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 4,000 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above. We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 27th July:
- A436 Old Gloucester Road - Temporary Road Closure
- Unapproved Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 26th July
- Unapproved Highways Committee Minutes - 19th July
- Finance & General Purposes Committee Agenda - 29th July
- Community Centre Committee Agenda - 29th July
- Planning Committee Agenda - 28th July
- Unapproved Youth & Well-being Committee Minutes - 19th July
- Unapproved Planning Committee Minutes - 14th July
- Unapproved Village Environment Committee Minutes - 14th July
- Browser Notes - August article
- Unapproved Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 7th July
- Digital Innovation Fund
- Parish Council Meeting Agenda - 7th July
- Payments List - 7th July
- Local Flood Plan Update
- Safe & Well visits - Glos Fire & Rescue Service
- Social Distancing Scheme
- Community Emergency Plan
- Revised Byelaws - 13th May 2019
- Changes for Recycling Centres
- Notes from Public Meeting on Neighbourhood & Community Plans
- Chat Health - Text messaging service for Young People
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC
The Parish Council's website accessibility statement can be viewed under the Accessibility Statement tab and is also attached as a PDF document below.