Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 4,000 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the first tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above. We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Click on the following link to view the calendar of Parish Council & Committee meetings: CALENDAR
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 29th February 2024:
- Parish Council Meeting Agenda - 6th March
- Payments List - 6th March
- Draft Village Environment Committee Meeting Minutes - 14th February
- Planning Committee Meeting Agenda - 28th February
- Highways Committee Meeting Agenda - 28th February
- Youth & Wellbeing Committee Meeting Agenda - 26th February
- Brighter Bourton Event - 4th April
- Thames Water Presentation - Upgrades to the Sewage Infrastructure
- Draft Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 7th February
- Browser Notes - February article
- Draft Finance & Governance Committee Meeting Minutes - 25th January
- Draft Community Centre Committee Meeting Minutes - 25th January
- Police Point Opening Times - February to June
- Parish Council Position Statement on Coach Parking - 8th January
- Social Connection Statement - June 2023
- Local Flood Plan Update
Who to contact when reporting local problems:
PSVs/PCVs (Buses, Coaches, Minibuses)
It is important for bus and coach operators to be aware that the main entrances to the village centre are for ‘local buses only’. Please click here for further information.
The Parish Council's website accessibility statement can be viewed under the Accessibility Statement tab and is also attached as a PDF document below.