Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council
Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 3,500 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above.
We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Please note that the Parish Council now sells beige refuse sacks and garden refuse sacks from its office in The George Moore Community Centre. We also have a small stock of spare blue cardboard recycling sacks available.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 21st February:
- Co-option of Parish Councillor
- Planning Committee Agenda - 22nd February
- Notes from Honeystones Meeting - 9th February
- Notes from Public Meeting with PCC - 1st February
- Article re new 20mph zone
- February Meeting Bourton Browser Notes
- Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 1st February
- Ambulance Response Times - ten years on
- Schedule of Village Green bookings 2017
- Retail Survey
- Burial & Allotments Committee Minutes - 25th January
- Free Computer Tuition - from GRCC
- Correspondence List - 1st February
- Cheque & Payments List - 1st February
- Playing Fields Committee Minutes - 6th January
- Parish Council precept for 2017-18
- Village Maintenance Committee Minutes - 12th January
- Police Point Times - February & March
- Finance & General Purposes Committee Minutes - 20th December
- Traffic & Footpath Committee Minutes - 17th October
- Local Plan Focussed Changes - Public Consutation
- Gloucestershire's Sustainability & Transformation Plan - Public engagement sessions
- Temporary Traffic Orders - February 2017
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Inspection of Glos Hospitals NHS Trust - Feedback required
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Changes to Recycling Banks
- Cotswold Hare Trail 2017
- Parking on the Village Green
- Community Speedwatch Initiative
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC/Amey