Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 4,000 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above. We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 21st April:
- Community Centre Committee Meeting Agenda - 26th April
- Finance & General Purposes Committee Meeting Agenda - 26th April
- Annual Parish Meeting Notice - 29th April (re-scheduled)
- Browser Notes - April meeting
- Parish Clerk Vacancy
- Play Area Inspector Vacancy
- Village Environment Committee Agenda - 14th April
- Planning Committee Agenda - 14th April
- Statement of Persons Nominated - Police & Crime Commissioner for Gloucestershire
- Statement of Persons Nominated - Gloucestershire County Council
- Unapproved Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 7th April
- Payments List - 7th April
- Parish Council Meeting Agenda - 7th April
- Temporary Footpath Closure HBW 13 - 25th March
- Thames Water letter re drains
- Highways Committee Minutes - 15th March
- Youth & Well-being Committee Minutes - 15th March
- Village Environment Committee Minutes - 10th March
- Youth & Well-being Committee Agenda - 15th March
- Highways Committee Agenda - 15th March
- Budget-Precept Statement 2021-22
- Local Flood Plan Update
- EU Settlement Scheme
- Well-being A to Z - Coronavirus support
- Safe & Well visits - Glos Fire & Rescue Service
- Social Distancing Scheme
- Community Emergency Plan
- Proposed New Parking Restrictions
- Community Centre Bulletin - January 2020
- Revised Byelaws - 13th May 2019
- Changes for Recycling Centres
- Notes from Public Meeting on Neighbourhood & Community Plans
- Chat Health - Text messaging service for Young People
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC
The Parish Council is aware that its website is currently partially compliant with accessibility standards.
A full accessibility statement will be published here as soon as it has been approved.