Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council
Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 3,500 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above.
We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Please note that the Parish Council now sells beige refuse sacks and garden refuse sacks from its office in The George Moore Community Centre. We also have a small stock of spare blue cardboard recycling sacks available.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 21st July:
- Planning Committee Meeting Agenda - 26th July
- Play Rangers Report Card - April-June 2017
- Burials & Allotments Committee Minutes - 19th July
- July Meeting Bourton Browser Notes
- Play Rangers - Summer 2017
- Tour of Britain - 9th September
- Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 5th July
- Village Maintenance & Highways Committee Minutes - 14th June
- Correspondence List - 5th July
- Cheque & Payments List - 5th July
- Police Point Times - July
- Summer off the Streets
- Lloyds Bank update
- Changes to Planning Application checks - Public Consultation
- Cotswold Local Plan update
- Notes from Public Meeting with Deputy Police & Crime Commissioner
- Rissington Road Recycling Bank
- Council Tax Precept - Band D Annual Summaries
- Community Speedwatch Initiative
- Parish Council precept for 2017-18
- Ambulance Response Times - ten years on
- Schedule of Village Green bookings 2017
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Parking on the Village Green
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC/Amey