Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council
Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 3,500 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above.
We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Please note that the Parish Council now sells beige refuse sacks and garden refuse sacks from its office in The George Moore Community Centre. We also have a small stock of spare blue cardboard recycling sacks available.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 23rd March:
- Summary of Retail Study
- Planning Committee Minutes - 22nd March
- Council Tax Precept - Band D Annual Summaries
- Annual Parish Meeting Notice - 29th March
- Gloucestershire County Council Elections - 4th May
- Youth Club Update
- March Meeting Bourton Browser Notes
- Community Speedwatch Initiative
- Public Meeting with Police & Crime Commissioner - 25th May
- Parish Council Meeting Unapproved Minutes - 1st March
- Correspondence List - 1st March
- Cheque & Payments List - 1st March
- Playing Fields Portfolio Holder Report - 15th February
- Village Maintenance & Highways Committee Minutes - 15th February
- Open Spaces Committee Minutes - 15th February
- Police Point Times - March
- Notes from Honeystones Meeting - 9th February
- Schedule of Tender Bids for Village Maintenance Contract
- Article re new 20mph zone
- Parish Council precept for 2017-18
- Ambulance Response Times - ten years on
- Schedule of Village Green bookings 2017
- Gloucestershire's Sustainability & Transformation Plan - Public engagement sessions
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Inspection of Glos Hospitals NHS Trust - Feedback required
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Changes to Recycling Banks
- Cotswold Hare Trail 2017
- Parking on the Village Green
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC/Amey