Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council
Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 3,500 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above.
We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Please note that the Parish Council now sells beige refuse sacks and garden refuse sacks from its office in The George Moore Community Centre. We also have a small stock of spare blue cardboard recycling sacks available.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 25th May:
- Post Manchester Advice - Gloucestershire Constabulary
- Local Open Gardens - 28th May
- Public Meeting with Police & Crime Commissioner - 25th May
- UK Parliamentary Election - 8th June
- Objection Letter to Planning Inspector - Windrush Restaurant
- May Meeting Bourton Browser Notes
- Planning Committee Meeting Minutes - 10th May
- Play Rangers - May Half Term
- Council Tax Refund Scam
- Village Maintenance & Highways Committee Minutes - 12th April
- Correspondence List - 3rd May
- Exercise of Public Rights Notice
- Lloyds Bank update
- Open Spaces Committee Minutes - 19th April
- Cheque & Payments List - 3rd May
- Parish Council AGM Minutes - 3rd May
- Police Point Times - May
- Finance & General Purposes Committee Minutes - 22nd March
- Village Garage Sale - 17th June
- County Council Election Results
- Rissington Road Recycling Bank
- The Great Get Together - 17/18 June
- Free Food Waste Caddies
- Council Tax Precept - Band D Annual Summaries
- Community Speedwatch Initiative
- Summary of Retail Study
- Article re new 20mph zone
- Parish Council precept for 2017-18
- Ambulance Response Times - ten years on
- Schedule of Village Green bookings 2017
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Inspection of Glos Hospitals NHS Trust - Feedback required
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Parking on the Village Green
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC/Amey