The Village Environment Committee has responsibility for inspecting, maintaining and improving, where possible, all of the Council’s land assets, with the exception of the play areas and the Community Centre building which are administered by separate committees.
The Committee’s terms of reference are contained within the Council’s Scheme of Delegation policy and comprise the following:
- Manage, monitor and authorise expenditure in the approved Committee budget subject to the Committee’s minuted decision;
- Maintain all village greens, owned or leased, and to initiate and supervise all matters of control properly associated with this function;
- Operate and maintain the cemeteries, War Memorial, burial responsibilities and associated duties, consequential to Statutory or Council requirements;
- Maintain and supervise the Council’s allotment sites, owned or leased;
- Deal with all other matters relating to local amenities and the environment, including horticulture;
- Consider any other matter which may be delegated to it by the Council from time to time.
The Committee currently comprises the following members:
- Cllr L Wilkins (Chair)
- Cllr R Hadley (Vice Chair)
- Cllr S Coventry
- Cllr A Davis
- Cllr L Hicks
- Cllr N Randall
- Cllr A Roberts
- Cllr B Sumner
- Cllr B Wragge
Further information on the different areas of responsibility are available on the links below:
Click below to view the agenda for the next Village Environment Committee meeting, which will be displayed when available.
Minutes from the most recent Village Environment Committee meeting can be viewed via the attachment below as soon as they're available: